“We are calling on as many students as possible to join their lecturers and university staff on the picket lines this Thursday morning. Successful industrial action is now key to maintaining the very existence of London Met as an inclusive and diverse place of higher education. Last week’s strike was well attended but the presence of more students will ensure:
– that the picket lines are places of vibrant and energetic protest
– that your teachers and staff have the all-important proof that they have your support for their action
– that London Met is defended by the active solidarity of students, teachers, and staff united
Thursday is the crucial next step to put the defence of London Met at the forefront of the national fight for education, for public services, and against the Con-Dem assault on us all.”
So, get down to the picket lines on Thursday to show support – we’ll be going around the London Met picket lines as well as other schools and colleges:
– Meet at Holloway Road Tube Station at 8am.
– Bring banners, placards, whistles, music, drums, guitars
– Bring you, your mates and energy!
We will then go to Lincoln’s Inn Fields (near Holborn) to join the UCU/ATL/NUT demo that assembles there at 11.30am.